These are examples of the Monologues and Interaction parts of your Speaking Exam.
You have to speak for about 2 minutes on your own
about one of the following.
You need to use the vocabulary and grammar studied in class.
You need to use a variety of grammar (present simple and continuous, present perfect, past simple, modal verbs, 'going to')
1. Speak about week-end activities you enjoy doing and explain why. (p. 6/8 vocab.)
2. Speak about things that make you happy and explain why. (P. 6/8 vocab.)
3. Speak about mobile phones and how you feel about them. (P. 8/9 vocab.)
4. Speak about how you relax. (P. 8,9, 10)
5. Speak about these 4 different feelings and the last time you felt these feelings : annoyed, concerned, bored and happy. (P.10, 11)
6. Speak about what you are good at/ frightened by/ fed up with now in your life and explain why. (P.10,11)
7. Speak about when you were a child and what you were keen on/ scared of/ embarrassed by and explain why. (P.10,11)
8. Speak about work - a job you have or a job you'd like to have, use as much vocabulary as possible related to work. (P. 8, 16,17)
9. Talk about food, ways to cook and things in your kitchen. What is your favourite food and why? (P.8, 18,19)
10. Talk about eating habits in your country. (P.8, 18,19)
11.Talk about sleep and your routine and what you do if you can't sleep and the reasons for not being able to sleep. (P.20, 21)
12. Talk about things that are happening now or around now in your life and if you enjoy these things or not. (P.8,9, 18, 19)
13. Talk about holidays and things that have to be done before, during and after. (P.8,9, 10, 24, 25)
14. Talk about some experiences you have had in your life (unusual or not!). (P.8,9.10,24,25...remember present perfect simple)
15. Talk about a place that you recommend to visit in your country explaining why we should visit this place. (p. 8,9, 10, 30, 31)
16. Talk about a film or book or show you recommend and explain why you recommend them. (P. 8,9, 10, 30, 31)
17. Talk about travelling and the advantages and disadvantages of travelling alone or with other people. (P. 8, 9, 10,24, 25, 26,)
18. Talk about one of the best holidays you have had explaining why it was the best holiday. (P. 8, 9, 10, 24, 25, 26)
19. Speak about what is your favourite season/day/celebration and give reasons why. (P. 6, 7, 8, 9)
20. Speak about a favourite childhood memory and why it is a favourite memory. (P. 8, 9, 10)
You have about 3 minutes to interact together.
You need to interact together - asking questions, answering, responding, suggesting, recommending,advising etc
1. You already know some things about your partner, ask 4-6 questions using question tags to check information about your partner. Take it in turn to do this. When it is your turn, respond to the question tag questions. (P.12, 13)
2. Work together to plan to run a company with good working conditions. (see modal verbs p. 17 and work vocab. p. 16 and 17 and p. 8)
3. Imagine you don't know your partner, find out about their hobbies, friends, job, studies, plans for the future and their last holiday and reasons for learning English. (P.6, 7, 8)
4. One of you likes ready made meals, the other prefers home cooking. Discuss your reasons and compare and contrast. (P. 8, 18, 19)
5. Ask each other questions and respond to questions about your holidays and the things you do before, during and after the holidays. (P. 8, 9,10, 24,25,26, 30)
6. Ask each other questions and respond to questions about your work/studies. (P. 8, 9, 10, 16, 17)
7. One of you has a problem, the other must give advice. Show concern, ask for advice, respond and react to advice and decide on a conclusion to the problem. (P. 8 22, 23)
8. One of you asks for a recommendation e.g. a film to see, the other recommends or not recommends some films and you respond to the recommendation and arrive at a conclusion. (P. 8, 30, 31)
9. One of you asks for a recommendation e.g. a place to visit, a place to stay, a book to read etc, the other recommends or not recommends and you respond to the recommendation and arrive at a conclusion. (P. 8, 30, 31)
10. Talk to each other about a timeline of your life. (see page 27) and ask each other questions about each other's timeline.
11. Choose a place/country you know well and recommend it to your partner, then respond to the recommendation. (P. 8, 30, 31)
This is the ASSESSMENT SHEET
I will use to give you a grade in the Speaking Exam.
PRONUNCIACIÓN ( 2 puntos)
2 NO PRESENTA PROBLEMAS GRAVES DE PRONUNCIATION. FÁCIL DE ENTENDER.
1 ENTENDIBLE, AUNQUE CON ALGUNOS PROBLEMAS DE PRONUNCIACIÓN.
0,8 LOS PROBLEMAS DE PRONUNCIACIÓN REQUIEREN DE ATENCIÓN CONCENTRADA.
0 MUY DIFÍCIL DE ENTENDER DEBIDO A LOS PROBLEMAS DE PRONUNCIACIÓN.
GRAMÁTICA ( 2 puntos)
2 PRESENTA MUY POCOS ERRORES DE GRAMÁTICA QUE NO INTERFIEREN CON LA COMPRENSIÓN DEL MENSAJE.
1 PRESENTA ERRORES OCASIONALES QUE NO INTERFIEREN CON LA COMPRENSIÓN DEL MENSAJE.
0,8 PRESENTA ERRORES CONSTANTES DE GRAMÁTICA QUE INTERFIEREN CON LA COMPRENSIÓN DEL MENSAJE.
0 LOS ERRORES GRAMATICALES IMPIDEN LA COMPRENSIÓN DEL MENSAJE.
CONTENIDO ( 2 puntos)
2 SUFICIENTE CREATIVIDAD Y ORGANIZACIÓN DEL CONTENIDO.
1 RAZONABLE CREATIVIDAD Y ORGANIZACIÓN DEL CONTENIDO.
0,8 MODERADA CREATIVIDAD Y ORGANIZACIÓN DEL CONTENIDO.
0 POCA CREATIVIDAD Y ORGANIZACIÓN DEL CONTENIDO.
FLUIDEZ ( 2 puntos)
2 CONVERSACIÓN FLUIDA; FÁCIL DE ENTENDER
1 CONVERSACIÓN LEVEMENTE AFECTADA POR PROBLEMAS DE FLUIDEZ Y ENTONACIÓN QUE NO IMPIDEN LA COMPRENSIÓN.
0,8 CONVERSACIÓN BASTANTE AFECTADA POR PROBLEMAS DE FLUIDEZ Y ENTONACIÓN; DIFÍCIL DE ENTENDER,
0 CONVERSACIÓN INTERRUMPIDA POR PAUSAS FRECUENTES Y VACILACIONES. INCOMPRENSIBLE.
VOCABULARIO ( 2 puntos)
2 AMPLIO CONOCIMIENTO Y USO DEL VOCABULARIO
1 RAZONABLE CONOCIMIENTO Y USO APROPIADO DEL VOCABULARIO
0,8 MODERADO CONOCIMIENTO DE VOCABULARIO A VECES LIMITA LA PRODUCCIÓN DEL MENSAJE.
0 ESCASO CONOCIMIENTO DE VOCABULARIO LIMITA LA PRODUCCIÓN DEL MENSAJE.