jueves, 11 de octubre de 2012

Recording Speakings/ Homework week of 15th of October

I have already talked to Advanced 1 about how we are going to experiment with recording our speakings. Advanced 1 already have instructions and a deadline to do the task in.

I will be speaking to the Intermediate 2 groups in both Santa Brigida and Telde about what I want you to do within the next week or two....so for the moment, Intermediate 2s can relax, you do not have to do anything with Vocaroo yet!

Advanced 1, this is a recording tool that you can use, it is called Vocaroo and you can find it here....Please consider other alternatives if you wish, for example your mobile phone etc. Good Luck Advanced 1 with this new challenge.

Santa Brigida  Home-work

Advanced 1  

1. P. 8 W/B  exercise 4
2. S/B  P. 15 all reading and exercises
3. Finish hand-out on The...The...
4. Organise a monologue based on P. 9 speaking in the S/B, choose one of the topics. Deadline for
your partner and I to receive the feedback is the 24th of October.
Prepare a 3.5 to 5.0 minute monologue, record it and send it to a partner for feedback.
You will receive your partner's monologue and give feedback on it to your partner and
also prepare a copy of the same feedback for me. Use the feedback sheet I gave you and number your feedback points, do not write the feedback on the actual sheet I gave you.

This activity is very important to do and will be part of your continuous assessment in Speaking. I need to receive a copy to be able to give you a 'tick' and note that you have done it.  Your partner's feedback
marks/grades will not affect your speaking mark in general. If you have any doubts, please leave me a message below in th ecomments section or ask me in class and I can clarify things, hopefully.

Example 
This is feedback on María Sanchez's speaking from José Carlos Ortega.

1. Grade 7/10.  2. Grade 8/10  etc right up to the 10th point, giving a grade out of 10 for each point. You can also add comments if you want.


Intermediate 2

1. W/B P. 10, 11, 12
2. Finish the snail joke on P. 15 by adding in the adverbs.
3. S/B  P. 19


Telde  Home-work

Intermediate 2  

1. P. 8 W/B plus listening
2. Prepare two role-plays based on the information I gave you
3. * Have edited in to change this...do the monologue by selecting a topic from the adjective worksheet 'Bored/Boring' ( Do not do this part yet P. 17  S/B  choose one of the First Encounter topics) and prepare
a 3 minute monologue using the expressions given. You will practice this monologue in class next week.
4. Study all grammar and vocabulary done up until now in preparation for the Super Table Quiz!


Tips for the Monologue

1. Begin with an Introduction

e.g. Firstly,  I'd like to present my topic. This topic will deal with/deals with ________________I am going to give my own personal views on this topic and express my experiences related to this topic. I will also try to give examples and reasons to support my view whenever possible.

2. Use linking words to connect your ideas e.g. however, anyway, well....

3. Use a variety of ways to give your opinion e.g. Personally, I believe....my view is that...

4. Makes sure the content is relevant to the monologue

5. Do not repeat points

6. 'Show off' a variety of grammar structures

7. Try to sound confident and relaxed!

8. Speak at a normal speed, do not speak too quickly or you will become blocked

9. Use vocabulary and expressions that we have studied as well as previously studied types of vocabulary

10. Make sure the content is relevant and coherent 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario